Corporate Training Solutions
S Chand partners with International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, to conduct their Business Edge programs in the country.
Business Edge is a suite of training programs developed by IFC, and running successfully across 30 countries. It consists of 44 modules – each a 1 – 3 day workshop. These modules cover the entire spectrum of Business / Management / Personal Productivity skills required for running a small / medium enterprise and for middle managers in larger corporations. These workshops are highly interactive, using case studies, activities and brainstorming techniques to ensure participative learning. They are delivered by trainers with adequate industry exposure / experience, who are specially trained by IFC Master Trainers in the Business Edge methodology. The methodology itself has been designed keeping the adult learner in mind.
Corporations across geographies have found these programs particularly useful in upgrading the skills of SMEs forming their value chain. These include Unilever, Mobinil, Microsoft and Novartis.
The methodology for implementing the program within a corporate or its value chains is as under:-
- A detailed Training Needs Analysis (TNA) is carried out to map, and prioritize, the skill gaps amongst the target group.
- Based on the gaps identified, training modules required to be covered are selected.
- The selected modules are customized based on the specific learning outcomes desired by the company. This includes adapting the case studies, examples and activities to suit the specific industry / sector.
- Delivery is scheduled keeping the convenience of SMEs in mind, and is done in English / Hindi / local language depending on the requirement.
- Post delivery, impact assessment is carried out to evaluate the benefits derived, and also determine the next steps required for further training.